Activities to try to achieve this target...
- Stretch OAK's hands first, bringing them into midline and taking off her hand splints before offering her different objects to explore.
- If OAK has her tray, place this onto her chair and the items onto her tray so that they are easily accessible for her and encourage her to move her own arms downwards to explore the items.
- If OAK is lying on her wedge on her stomach, then provide the items in a tray on the floor so she can explore them while her arms are over the top of the wedge.
- Provide OAK with different small objects for her to explore with her hands i.e. play dough, spiky balls, squish balls, sensory bags etc. Encourage her to explore and move her hands to grasp these items as independently as possible.
- Encourage OAK to move her own arms and hand by placing interesting materials on her lap for her to explore i.e. Space blanket, furry material.