Activities to try to achieve this target...
- OAK needs support to be able to stretch out her hands and arms, which is important before she puts her hand splints on. Try some massage techniques with OAK on her hands and arms and follow Physio advice on stretches. OAK needs to stretch before taking part in activities so that she can focus on using her arms and hands to the best of her ability.
- When stretching OAK's legs, follow Physiotherapy advice and use of her leg gaiters after stretching. Be aware of OAK's sore hip when stretching. It is often useful to position OAK onto the wedge when she is using her gaiters, either on her back or her tummy. This also gives OAK's hips a chance to rest from when seated.
- Try stretches after a warm bath or use of a warm heat bag as this can ease tight muscles before stretching.
- Try out our Yoga session stretches with OAK, but be aware when stretching her hip, follow Physiotherapy advice.
- Try Story Massage with OAK while she is stretched out as this can encourage awareness of her body parts.