Activities to try to achieve this target...
- Read a well known story that has lines that repeat to SD. Read the story a couple of times over in a week so that SD becomes used to the sound and drama being built when getting to the repeated lines.
- If needed, use props in the story to gain SD's attention and help her to focus, especially before the repeated lines section.
- When building drama, pause and wait for SD to show recognition and anticipation of the part that is repeated. Look for SD smiling or calling out or reaching for you to continue to the repeated part of the story.
- You could also use story massage, repeating rhymes that SD may recognise and pause for effect before using repeated lines and massage movements to match.
- Reward her by using lots of praise and social interaction.