You will need
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- Baking tray
- Something to make a circular shape like a glass
- Preheat the oven to its lowest setting.
- Mix the flour and salt into a bowl, slowly add the water to create a large ball.
- Transfer to a floured surface and roll out flat.
- Use a circular cutting device to cut 3 shapes.
- Place the 3 circles together on a tray. See photo for the type of tray I used to create the shape and keep the circles together.
- Make a smaller circle to go in the middle of the 3 circles.
- Use a fork to create a textured effect on the central circle.
- Place in the oven and cook until solid and golden brown (3 hours) or leave out to dry at room temp (this may take a full day).
- There is no pressure to paint the poppies at home unless you want to with your child. If not send them into school and we can paint in class later this week.