Vision, Aims and Values
“Every pupil has the right to an education of high quality, where everyone is valued and encouraged to respect others, enabling them to become ethically informed citizens.
We believe that every pupil should have the opportunity to learn and develop to their full potential within a positive, nurturing environment supporting them to become ambitious capable learners.
Our highly creative multi-sensory curriculum supports all pupils to actively problem solve through first hand experiences, enabling them to become enterprising creative contributors.
Pupils will be encouraged to develop independence in all aspects of learning in order to become healthy confident individuals, preparing them for work experience, and their lives beyond school.”
Our commitment to this vision means that we strive to:
- Provide a broad, appropriate and stimulating curriculum, which challenges each child and enables them to succeed.
- Acknowledge and respect the individuality of each pupil where everyone is a valued member of the school community.
- Recognise our particular contribution within the child’s development and offer positive preparation for their adult life.
- Work with parents / carers as partners in their child’s education and offer them professional support, information and guidance.
- Develop and sustain close community contacts for the whole school, encouraging inclusion across a wide spectrum, where appropriate.
Maintain access for all pupils to high quality resources and expertise within an attractive environment, including specialised provision, in order that individual need can be met.
- Recognise that our staff team is the school’s prime resource and that valuing, supporting and developing staff is central to our pupils’ achievements.
Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.